Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Rachael Ray Show? Really?

Okay,

So I'm not a huge fan of Rachael Ray. Most people know that. I used to like her when she did the $40 a Day show on the Food Network. I thought the show was pretty cool and it allowed me to get an idea of what places around the country and around the world looked like without actually having to go (Although, I am very frugal..I can do a $20 a day show with no problem). In any case, it was interesting because the show explained how to go out without breaking the bank.  I enjoyed watching Rachael Ray at the time because she has flair and brought a great element to the show and its concept.

The problem came in when she started trying to cook. Has anyone ever heard of the phrase "Stay in your lane?" Well..she should have taken that phrase to heart..why? Because she can't cook! Not only can she not cook, she is not hygienic at all. Any chef (I am not a chef but I know several) will tell you that one of the first things you are to do when you cook is take off your rings. I watched one of her "cooking shows" and she made a hamburger with ground beef and did not remove her rings at any point. the meat had gotten under the rings and it was repulsing. Unless you want food poisoning or some other type of illness..do not eat her food!

I was a big fan of hers until she started playing at doing things that real chefs do everyday (and quite well). Where are their shows? Where are their magazines? Where are there cookware sets? Why does she get to have anything she wants when it is proven that she is a line cook at best. Her food is diner quality and it does not look good. I turned on the television and she was on the channel. Ms. Ray decides that she will make her own spin on a Reuben. She used ground turkey as opposed to ground beef. I am all for experimenting and healthier choices. However, this looked just as greasy and unhealthy as anything else. The bread was not toasted..it was completely burnt! It was the color of my laptop, which is jet black! She cut the sandwich into fours and it crumbled in some spots (it would have crumbled more but she had lots of cheese on it, which melted and helped hold it together despite the fact that is was a huge burnt crouton). The sandwich looked disgusting!  My question is..how is she still on the air? Why was the audience so brainwashed that they thought that looked remotely close to edible food? A dog would walk away from the sandwich that I saw her make. I am sure that Alpo would be more palatable.

There are real chefs who cook every day. they stay on their feet for fourteen hours straight with little to no break and they pump out hits in the kitchen constantly. They weren't thrown into stardom prematurely and while some would prefer to have a show, they would not do it unless they felt that they were ready. They will not give you frozen beef patty and tell you it' Filet Mignon. These are the people who deserve shows.

For all you Rachael Ray fans..please don't be angry. I have to state the facts despite opposition or popular opinion no matter how difficult it may be. This is a no-brainer and I try not to bash anyone but I am really sad to see that people are still watching her despite the obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment